All Nestlé products that are manufactured, imported and distributed in Malaysia are certfified Halal.
As a responsible corporate citizen, Nestlé Malaysia manufactures, imports and distributes only Halal products which have been certified by the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM) and the relevant recognised Islamic authorities.
We are firmly committed to ensure the peace of mind of all our consumers.
Providing the Halal Assurance
Nestlé Malaysia has adopted Halal practices since the early 1970s when it first started its manufacturing sites in Malaysia.
It was the first multinational to voluntarily request for Halal Certification of all its food products when it was first introduced in 1994.
The certified Halal status for all Nestlé Malaysia products provides assurance that Nestlé products are manufactured, imported and distributed under the strictest hygienic and sanitary condition in accordance to the Islamic faith.
Halal Benefits Everyone
All products manufactured, imported and distributed by Nestlé Malaysia are certified Halal. Products and premises for manufacturing in Malaysia have been inspected and have earned Halal certification by JAKIM and imported products from manufacturing sites outside Malaysia are certified and supervised by Islamic authorities approved by JAKIM.
The Halal logo included in all our packaging indicates that the products are prepared according to stringent Islamic requirements, whilst assuring that our production adheres to the strictest hygiene, quality and safety standards that are appreciated by all consumers.
- Halal products exported to more than 50 countries globally
- Demonstrates social responsibility and respect for Muslim employees and consumers
- In line with Government's vision of Malaysia as a Halal hub
- Meets growing needs of Muslim consumers
- Creates peace of mind and assurance for Muslim consumers
- Creates assurance that products meet the highest quality, safety and hygiene standard
Nestlé Malaysia's Halal Policy
- As a responsible corporate citizen of Malaysia, we are extremely mindful of our obligations to the country and its consumers.
- We therefore manufacture, import and distribute only products which have been certified Halal by the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM) and the relevant recognised Islamic authorities.
- We have set up the Nestlé Halal Committee comprising senior Muslim executives from various disciplines to be responsible for all matters pertaining to Halal compliance.
- We have established a Department of Halal Affairs to further enhance capacity and credibility in Halal.
- We are subject to regular inspections by JAKIM and other relevant Islamic authorities to ensure that the proper conditions are maintained.
- We are ultimately committed to ensuring the peace of mind of our consumers.
Nestlé Malaysia Halal Facts
- Adhered to Halal practices since the early 1970s in all manufacturing sites in Malaysia.
- Established an internal Halal Committee in the 1980s comprising senior Muslim executives of various disciplines, responsible for all matters pertaining to Halal compliance.
- Manufactures, imports and distributes only products that are certified Halal by authorised Islamic certification bodies since 1994.
- Implement internal Halal audits and Halal assurance system since 2008.
- Established the Department of Halal Affairs in 2012.
- Currently the biggest Halal producer in the Nestlé world, warranting its appointment as the Halal Centre of Excellence for Nestlé worldwide.
- 7 Halal factories in Malaysia and a total of 150 Halal factories worldwide.
- Paved the way and led the Halal Industry in building up knowledge and expertise in implementing and adhering to Halal best practices.
- Continue to collaborate with government agencies and other stakeholders in establishing Halal standards and initiatives aligning to the country’s aspiration of being the global hub for Halal.